Posted on 21st October 2021 at 12:56
Safety First - Supporting Women and Girl's Safety
A major concern for the safety of women and girls, with the tragic deaths of Sarah Everard, Sabina Nessa, and others serve as a reminder that this is an urgent public safety issue, we all need to act on.
As an ACS security company, we play a vital role in protecting members of the public, security staff are trained in identifying people in vulnerable situations and reporting predatory behaviour.
If you have concerns about someone's safety, you should consider doing one or more of the following:
• report your concerns to your supervisor or the site/venue management
• seek the help of street pastors or street marshals
• take advantage of any local or national schemes aimed at keeping people safe, such as 'Ask Angela'
• in the case of a young person or vulnerable adult, call a relative of the person to help
• call for a licensed taxi to take the vulnerable person home
• use 'safe havens' or other local initiatives run by organisations such as St John Ambulance
• call the police
Cava Security Officers are trained on standards of behavior as required of an SIA licence holder. These include behaving with personal integrity and understanding, as well as never abusing their position of the security authority.
Staff are reminded not to provide lifts to anyone especially to someone that is intoxicated or otherwise vulnerable people whilst on duty.
Tagged as: Women's Safety
Share this post: